Friday, February 15, 2019

Charlottesville Police FOIA Response

Today I received the following letter in the mail from the Charlottesville Police Department:
I'll save you some reading, it was essentially an official way for the Charlottesville police to tell me to go screw myself. I'm not bothering to wait around for the prosecution's response to the FOIA request, they will likely claim the same or just allow the police department to be their answer. The reason why it is essentially a middle finger from the police is that so far I've received no communication from the Charlottesville police for the start of an investigation.

I'll post the FOIA request I sent later this weekend so you'll get an idea of exactly what the police and prosecution were told. Even though they have clearly been to my blog and viewed my evidence, they need to see the actual evidence in my possession before they can continue forward with any actions. The fact that this FOIA refusal is the only communication I've received is more than enough of a statement to the intentions of the Charlottesville law enforcement. So now we're going to escalate things. They want to play games, they can suffer the consequences.

What they don't realize is that this letter admits two things that aren't in their best interests. First and foremost they admitted they read my FOIA request where I laid out exactly what has been going on. By not taking action even when faced with the accusations, they are digging themselves further into a hole when this situation goes public. As I said I'll post up the FOIA request and you'll see exactly what the police have been made aware of.

The second problem for Charlottesville law enforcement is that by citing this code, they are fully admitting they have been conducting a criminal investigation without jurisdiction or legal justification. Because no crime was committed (as evidenced by there not being an arrest) and neither I nor Michelle Manweiler lived in the city limits of Charlottesville at the time of the 2011/2012 investigation (thus no legal jurisdiction to pursue an investigation). This letter is an admission that Detective Rudman, Joseph Platania, and the Charlottesville police used public resources to investigate me as a personal favor to a rich UVA student that hasn't lived in the city of Charlottesville for more than a decade. I doubt the public and media are going to be well receiving of such news, especially in this anti-LEO climate.

So now that it's obvious what Charlottesville law enforcement's intentions are, I'm now moving forward with the next step. Next week I'll be contacting the Clerk of Court to find out if the Judge's decision can be enforced without Joseph Platania's comment, given that the prosecutor has blatantly been withholding comment out of spite. If she says I can receive the documents now, I'll ask her to hold onto them so I can pick them up in person. I'll then begin prepping for the trip down to Charlottesville and what it'll entail.

Once I stop by Circuit Court and pick up the documents, my next step will be to speak to Internal Affairs for the Charlottesville police and get that ball rolling. I'll also be confronting Joseph Platania in person at his office, and give the police and prosecution one last chance to settle this issue themselves before I go to the Charlottesville media.

Any refusal by Platania and the police department will mean I go to the media with one hell of a story, and will put the police and DA's office on full blast. I'll publicly call for a criminal investigation of Platania, Chapman and the police department. It won't be just the Charlottesville police and Mr. Platania getting blasted either. I fully intend on dragging out Michelle Manweiler and her family members publicly - not only with what they did but with what I suspect they have done (such as my belief that Gregory Manweiler might have paid off my attorney to throw the case).

One way or another this is going to get settled. Platania and the police are fully aware they screwed up, and they are going to accept that responsibility no matter what. If I have to go to the media to force this, or put myself in debt to hire a lawyer to overturn this charge - it'll be my turn to cause damage to some lives when the guilty parties get their day in court. I won't be looking for money and I won't care how I end up when it's over with - I'm looking for justice for what my family and I went through and I'll get it no matter what it costs me in the end.

As I said before, whether I get justice now or ten years later for what was done to me in 2006, the only thing that changes is how much I'm going to make it hurt for everyone responsible.

No comments: