Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Ready to Send


That's two FOIA requests ready to go, one intended for the Charlottesville Police and the other for the Charlottesville District Attorney's Office. I went ahead and did a small summary of the case and an explanation of the attached evidence. I believe in its current form that nothing will be detached from it before making its way to both departments. The plan is to take a day off this week to stop by the post office and send these in a single packet via certified mail. I want to make sure that Charlottesville law enforcement can't claim it never showed up at city hall. It'll get to city hall, and I'm certain the individual in charge will make sure they get to the correct departments. If Platania and Rudman try to claim it never got to them, I'm sure the FOIA manager is not going to hesitate to prove otherwise.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe both the police and district attorney are required by law to respond to the FOIA request. They can't just ignore it or let it sit around, like Platania is attempting to do with the motion I filed. They either have to provide the documents I requested, or give an acceptable reason why they can't give them to me. I preempted their likeliest excuse to not supply me with the requested documents, by proving they don't have any legal jurisdiction to criminally investigate me as they clearly have been. Either way, responding to the FOIA request means they publicly acknowledge that they have seen the accusations I've made. They won't be able to continue to play dumb. I didn't pull any punches either. I called them out for refusing to investigate the actions of a rich UVA student despite overwhelming evidence proving what she has done.

I have two reasons for filing the FOIA requests. The primary reason is that I indeed want the documents I requested, and intend on taking them with me to Internal Affairs and potentially Charlottesville media. What I stated on the FOIA request is exactly what I want from it. It is clear that Michelle Manweiler contacted Charlottesville law enforcement on multiple occasions, and I want to know what exactly she said that prompted their views and attempted investigations. I also want to know what went on with these investigations, what information they gathered, and what was done with that information. Not to mention I want to see the legal justification behind it.

The secondary one is to back Charlottesville law enforcement further into a corner. By continuing to confront them through documents that are matters of public record, Charlottesville law enforcement looks increasingly worse and corrupt by not doing something about what happened in 2006. The motion I filed in court has started the clock. Charlottesville police and district attorney's office are running out of time to claim they were Manweiler's victims and unaware of what she did. Filing these FOIA requests further puts that information in front of their faces. The continued attempts to ignore their legal obligations puts Charlottesville in a very bad spot once all this comes out. And come out it will, one way or another.

I firmly believe that Charlottesville law enforcement were completely aware that Manweiler tampered with the emails they based the case on in 2006. I believe they then covered up for her (and more importantly for their own screw up) by "losing" critical evidence and railroading me into a criminal charge they knew to be based on lies. I've laid out all of the actions by Manweiler, the police, the prosecution, and my former attorney. It all looks extremely shady. Even Ms. Manweiler and Mr. Platania can't be that massively oblivious to not realize this. When all of their actions are laid out it looks like something criminal took place.

It looks like a bunch of lawyers infatuated with Michelle Manweiler decided to cover up for her actions. It looks like members of law enforcement attempted to hide their serious mistake by committing criminal acts. It looks like a cover up by members of the Charlottesville law enforcement. I believe it looks like one because that is indeed what took place. When the public hears everything that happened, they will believe that it is exactly what it looks like as well. Especially in the current anti-LEO climate.

By continuing to ignore my accusations, not correcting the damages to my life, and not investigating Michelle Manweiler - Charlottesville law enforcement are helping me prove they committed a cover up. All of their actions so far have been documented. All of those acts help me paint a picture of a corrupt law enforcement that protects rich UVA students with wealthy banker fathers over the average Charlottesville citizen. Add in additional issues like the Andrew Alston case, and I end up with all I need to give the police and district attorney's office a black eye for decades.

By continuing to confront Charlottesville on public record, they are put in an increasingly bad position. Either they come forward and fix what they did, or they endanger everything on the rather stupid hope that somehow this all will go away on its own. I can assure them that isn't happening. This is going to continue to get worse for all involved. If they continue to ignore the evidence and refuse to do the right thing each time they are confronted with the facts, it gives me all the tools I need to rip their lives apart once this whole thing goes public.

Imagine the damages I could seek in court, when the jury is shown how I confronted Charlottesville multiple times on record with evidence and their law enforcement instead continued to ignore me. Imagine what the media and public will do to them under those circumstances. By continuing to refuse to fix their mistake, the guilty parties are just putting a nail in the coffin for their careers and livelihoods. Each time they refuse to take action when confronted with the evidence, they are hammering in another nail themselves.

If both the FOIA requests and the Internal Affairs visit still does not push the Charlottesville law enforcement to do their job, all they are left with is the hope that I can't turn this around on them. Because when I do end up getting the upper hand after their repeated refusals to investigate and fix what they've done, there would be terrible consequences for the Charlottesville law enforcement as a whole. They would be left with no way to deny knowledge of what Manweiler did in 2006. Nobody would believe them when claiming they didn't cover up for a rich UVA student. It would destroy the lives of Rudman, Platania and Chapman certainly - and highly likely it could involve even criminal charges given the games they have been playing since first being confronted with the evidence in 2011. It's rather hard to claim you didn't commit criminal acts in 2006 when repeatedly refusing to acknowledge that you made a mistake. If you did nothing wrong you wouldn't be trying so hard to avoid confronting the issue.

As I said previous posts, after Platania saw the motion I filed in court he was immediately under the legal obligation to investigate my claims at the very least. That is what a district attorney's office should and would do if they were not guilty of doing anything wrong. A prosecutor who was not corrupt would want to correct a mistake that harmed the wrong person. I should have received contact from a Charlottesville detective to discuss my evidence by now. By not going forward with an investigation into the issue when receiving notice of the problem, Joseph Platania is making himself look rather guilty when it comes to his actions in 2006. By clearly refusing to investigate Manweiler and delaying my court motion out of spite, Platania is only making himself look more corrupt when this hits the news. He is unintentionally helping me sell to the public that he's been covering up for Michelle Manweiler all this time.

No doubt this FOIA request will be like whacking a hornet's nest, but I'm completely unconcerned. Both the Manweilers and the Charlottesville law enforcement have placed themselves in a rather unique and unpleasant situation. They can't do anything to me no matter what I do - because that's the surest way to pull media attention to this case. Once everything they did is in the media it's game over. It would backfire on them, and then they would be creating further problems for themselves by having come after me. Charlottesville law enforcement would especially screw themselves over and end up looking exactly like the corrupt and out of control individuals I've said they were all this time. Throw in the anti-LEO attitudes of the media, and C'ville LE knows it'll go badly for them in the end.

As I said, nobody will believe that what appears to be a cover up for a rich UVA student isn't exactly what it looks like - especially not when Charlottesville law enforcement continues to behave in the manner they have so far. The entire case unravels and everyone involved with it immediately opens themselves up to serious legal repercussions. This is why they haven't lifted a finger against me, despite the seriousness of my claims. They all know that media attention is exactly what will bring them down. So the Manweilers and the Charlottesville law enforcement are forced to spend their days looking over their shoulder instead. This is something that they have done to themselves.

We'll see what the response to these requests ends up being. They don't have an excuse to not provide me the documents I requested, and they can't refuse them without valid grounds for it since they are public officials. They could try to claim all of these documents have been deleted, but that's the funny thing about computer records - they are never truly deleted. They can be recovered, but if indeed Charlottesville law enforcement destroys or withholds any of them, they once again help me demonstrate their corrupt behavior to the public. People will ask why so much evidence keeps "disappearing" in their custody. They already have the "lost" tape interview and the "damaged" computer hard drive hanging over their heads. If they want to add more "lost" evidence to that list, by all means they can make it easier for me to ruin them.

No comments: